Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TRAVEL PLANS!!!!

We will be arriving in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia February 1st and meeting Elias on Monday, February 2nd!!! We are thrilled beyond words! We don't have flights yet but we imagine we will be flying out January 31st (a mere 3 weeks from Saturday!) and returning approximately a week after the 2nd.

We received an update on Elias. He is 5 and 1/2 months old and 18lbs.

Here is what was said about him:

"Besufikad loves to be held and near someone all the time. [Brian and I have already agreed this will be absolutely no problem at all!] So there should be no problem picking him up and holding him when you first meet him. He can be fussy when he is put down or not with an adult, so do not be worried, but overall he is a pretty content baby. And of course he is adorable, and is starting to understand."

We can't wait to snuggle with this precious little boy!

**Congratulations to all my buddies who got referrals!!! The wait gets harder but the good news that ends the wait is the greatest of all!

11 comments:

J-momma said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and will be looking forward to updates after you have your little boy in your arms!

Unknown said...

Yay, Autumn! I'm so happy for you.

Eryn said...

I am so glad you get to travel SOON! yay!!

Rachael said...

Yahoo!!!! I was thinking about you all day yesterday wondering if you heard any court news! Praise the Lord! How many courts didn't you pass? Can't wait till you get home with more pics of your little man. He is simply adorable!!!

Sarah said...

Apart from our referral, that is the best news I've heard all week!

So happy for you!!

Please hug my baby for me!

Sarah

Matt and Emily said...

I am so happy for you. Can't wait until we are home with our little ones. He is so darn CUTE.

Unknown said...

Patti and I have been watching this progress and want to congratulate you on such a wonderful child. Aren't they just miracles. God has been with you this whole way so far and will continue to be with you both and Elias. February 1st will be here before you know it.

Roger & Patti

Dawn said...

SO happy for you and Brian!! I'm happy that for once things are movely FAST for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Yesterday was the only day that I didn't check on your blog and I missed the most important blog. He is absulutely adorable.

Three2Five said...

Wish I was going with you!

Trendy Mindy said...

Congrats Autumn!! I have been following your blog for months now - I am sooo happy for you all! He is just perfect - I love the long eyelashes and those gorgeous brown eyes!

Mindy