Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm A Bad Mom Already??

I've never even met my son yet and I already did a "bad mom" thing. I am sure it won't be the last. I wrote a blog post today and in my excitement about having 2 new brothers I forgot it was my son's 6 month birthday. Good thing he has a Mimi who remembers him and reminded me. So... here are 6 things I love about Elias.

1)Your smile!
2) How you grow more and more beautiful/we grow more and more smitten each time we see a new picture.

3) How you make your Dad talk to himself. Well, really he is talking to you except you are all the way in Ethiopia so really he talks to himself. Each night (out loud) he says something like, "Good night, Elias. We love you buddy and we'll be there as soon as we can."

4) Your ability to evoke love - we hear your nannies love you very much.

5) Your happy personality - we hear you giggle and smile all the time

6) How you made your Auntie Em's day when you let her hold you without fussing for a 1/2 hour. She said you smiled and giggled the whole time. You even cuddled up to her and she loved it!

So, to quote your Dad, "We love you buddy and we'll be there as soon as we can!"

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

You are so funny Autumn! I love your to do list and am so happy for your parents!

Lonnie said...

That's so great! I think I'll start saying that to our little one before I go to bed. We usually have a last look at his picture. We are waiting on a court date and expecting to travel in April or May.

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

gosh, that baby is so darn cute!

Chantelle said...

So cool! I just linke dup to your blog for the frist time! I though tI had read them all! Congrats on your son!!! how awesome!!!
We are adopting from Ethiopia also and #1 on our agency's wait list.
I am sure you are over the moon!!! Your son is so young. How awesome to be able to bring him home at such a young age.
Best Luck to you on your trip> God is good!
I am just reading about your family also adopting! Amazing! I am going to look for their blog, if I can find it!
What a great time in life for you and your family!
God Bless
Chantelle

Maria and Family said...

I am so thrilled for you! And your parents! How awesome your family is!! too bad you guys couldnt all be in Ethiopia at the same time...
You guys ALL need adoption Magnets now! Check out my blog, a friend is helping me to fundraise for our trip expenses and for diapers for HH :) Maria