Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Excited Energy

I definitely have some excited energy. I have that feeling of butterflies in the stomach and haven't had a very big appetite because of it. Last night Brian made Pasta ala Brian (yes it is as fancy as it sounds). I was supposed to be eating my appetizer and drinking my wine while he finished up. I could NOT sit still. I got up from the table 4 or 5 times in the course of a half hour. All the sudden I had a blast from the past. When we were younger we always listened to Patch the Pirate in the car. There we were, the Talcott family, in our chocolate brown Dodge Caravan bumping Patch the Pirate children's praise songs. We LOVED Patch the Pirate. Most of my memories of this time only include Emily and Chuckie although I am pretty sure the very young versions of Jake and Alex were exposed to Patch too. One of our favorites that we loved to sing along to was Wiggle Worm. As I was abnormally wiggly at dinner this song popped in my head. So, here you have it - Wiggle Worm.

Have you seen a wiggle worm?
Smaller than a tiny germ
He has got a great big appetite
Though he isn't very big
He eats more than anything
Always looking for someone to bite

Never wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
When you feel the urge to giggle
Better fight the wiggle worm
When you feel the urge to squirm

In your church on Sunday
In your school on Monday
Fight off the wiggle worm

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the lyrics because they are 100% from my late 80s/early 90s memories. However, they came VERY easy so I'm pretty sure they're right on.

10 comments:

jody said...

SOOOO excited for you-you are going to see your boy SOON!! :)

Bethany said...

You 2 are super cute. I've been following you for a while. Cheers on your journey across the big blue sea to a beautiful baby boy waiting for you!!!!!! Can't wait to see you as a fam together!

In Him,
Bethany

Dawn said...

I LOVED Patch the Pirate too!!! And I know that song! He came to my church and gave me a hug you know!! :)

Troy said...

Can't imagine the excitement you guys have for tomorrow morning ... have a BLESSED trip and can't wait to hear more about it.

Jenn said...

I keep popping in to check on you and never leave a comment. I wanted to let you know how terribly excited I am for you!! Woo hoo!! Can't wait to watch this story unfold!!

Blessings,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! The things that pop into your mind. Go figure. Your such a goober. I love you and will miss you terribly! Mom

Rachael said...

hahaha. we LOVED patch the pirate as kids. my husband only listened to Psalty as a kid. But we were all Patch the Pirate fans. haha.

JonesEthiopia said...

Have a safe and joyous trip. I look forward to seeing pictures of you all three together forever. And, don't worry, you'll be able to pick him out of a crowd. I promise!

Tidepool said...

Best of luck Autumn & Brian! Your going to do great. So excited for yoU!

lisa page said...

Just read this and thought of Chuckie singing it in front of the church wearing his bow-tie....