Monday, January 5, 2009

Thank You God

Those were the words I mumbled through the tears when I heard the words

"You Passed Court!!!"

We are in awe at God's graciousness in giving us this precious little boy. Thank you all for your prayers. We owe all of this miracle to the Lord and are so grateful for the petitioning done on our behalf.

We do not have specific travel dates yet. We should hear sometime this week but we are anticipating the beginning of February.

Without further ado, I give you, OUR SON,

Elias Besufikad Gossett
We couldn't release his full name before but when I asked about sharing pictures and info I was reassured that he is 100% ours. Besufikad means the will of God and it will always be a special name to us because it was given to our son by a very special lady.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

42 comments:

Mandy said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful - and his eyelashes blow me away!!!

Renee said...

Woohooo sweet Elias will be coming soon and oh my gosh is is gorgous.

Tisha Alexander said...

He is perfect. Congrats... how exciting!!! I can't wait to hear when you are traveling!

Jana said...

Congratulations Mama!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't the BEST feeling to know that he is yours? Talk about a relief. Praising God with you. He is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

The B Family said...

Hallelujah! We've been checking your blog all day waiting for the news. What a beautiful boy.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful baby--you must be beside yourself waiting to kiss on those cheeks.

The Redman's said...

I got chills when I read your title!!! Singing praises for you.... and your beautiful Elias!!!

Congratulations!!!

I guess you'll be sharing your "plan" soon with all of us?????

-suzi

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

he is BEAUTIFUL!!! his eyes are just gorgeous. i know you can't get there fast enough!

Nicholas said...

He is precious! Congratulations!!!

Blog Shmog said...

HUGE congrats! He is super super cute!

Matt and Emily said...

He is so CUTE!!! Congrats. Soon you will get to hold him.

nikki said...

I have been following your journey for some time. I was lifting you up in pray, hoping that this season of waiting would end. Praying that your travel date will be soon. I adopted my daughter from China 2.5 years ago and planning to adopt a second domestically in the near future. Best wishes.
Nikki from CT

JonesEthiopia said...

He is absolutely beautiful. Praise God that you made it through court. He will be in your arms before you know it. Congratulations!

Sunny said...

He is stunning Autumn! Congrats!
Sunny

D said...

You don't know me, but I just have to tell you how gorgeous your son is! Congratulations all the way from NC.

Dawn

nell ann said...

Oh how fabulous! The Eph verse is perfect. He can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine!! Congratualtions and I can't wait for you to wrap your arms around him. Yay for babies!

christa said...

Oh Autumn! The day is FINALLY here! I am beyond happy for you and am fighting back my own tears! You and Brian will be AMAZING with him!

I don't think you could have described his concerned, wide-eyed, look any better than you did in previous posts. He is gorgeous!

Praying for travel soon!

Love,

Christa

Traci said...

Congratulations!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love his big brown eyes...and those eyelashes.

Three2Five said...

Yippeee! Hey I never noticed this before but did you see that our little man's name is in the end of your little man? They really are BF's! I can't wait for us to get them together for a little BF reunion!

The Gresham Clan said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations on your beautiful son! Look at those eyelashes... too adorable!

Paul and DeeDee said...

Congratulations Autumn! We were praying that you would hear great news today! He is so beautiful!

neely said...

What a beautiful son!! Those eyes are going to be hard to say "no" to...congrats!

Lexie said...

Praise God!!!!

I don't know if I have ever left a comment on your blog before...but I am a follower! And I sighed a breath of relief for y'all whenever I read this post! And then I gasped whenever I saw his picture!! OH! He is just beautiful!!!! Watch out...the girls are gonna come running before you know it! ;)

Can not wait to see him in your arms!

Aubrey said...

I'm so happy for you guys! He is absolutely beautiful!

Clark and Sarah said...

He is so cute! So happy for you. God was listening to all of our prayers. Soon he will be in your arms forever.

Tidepool said...

Congrats! Your son is absolutely beautiful, couldnt be happier for you guys!

Michael and Michelle said...

WoooHooooo!!! He is just GORGEOUS!!! I am more than happy for you guys!!!! Praise God!!!!

Michelle

jody said...

super duper cuteville!!!

Outdrsycple said...

Congrats! I'm bummed we wont get to meet in person, but I can't wait to see your little guy. I'll give him extra kisses for you if I can! We're finally here:)

Our journey said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Congratulations...mommy!

Eryn said...

Oh my. I'm totally bawling right now! Praise the Lord. He is stinking adorable...I bet you are soooo happy! God is good. Ok, I need to go get some tissue!

Dawn said...

Oh Autumn!! Those eyes! Those eyelashes!! I could stare at his photo for hours!! Gorgeous!! CONGRATS AGAIN!!

Phronsie said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!!! He's such a cutie! I'm so happy for you guys!

Mama Bear said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful. Those are the most amazing beautiful BIG BROWN eyes. Can't wait to hear you will be bringing him home soon. Best wishes.

Leann said...

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Autumn, he is beautiful!! So happy for you!! I am sad we're not going together, but will give him hugs when we go!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've been following you journey for a while now, and I'm thrilled to here the news. May the Lord bless you and your growing family!

{shelly} said...

sweet autumn...
everything about this post is beautiful...the only thing that will exceed my joy at this moment is seeing a picture of you and brian with little Elias being snuggled on your hip!!! can't wait to see pictures from Ethiopia! i'm praying for you in the days and weeks ahead...the Lord will continue to give you His strength, endurance, and perseverance and that your joy would overflow!
iloveyou!
-shell

Maria and Family said...

Autumn! I swore I commented yesterday but I dont see it. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you! Your son is unbelievably beautiful. Those eyes are to die for!! Just so pretty. I couldnt be happier for you Mama !!

Maria and Family said...

Autumn! I swore I commented yesterday but I dont see it. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you! Your son is unbelievably beautiful. Those eyes are to die for!! Just so pretty. I couldnt be happier for you Mama !!

A Team said...

Autumn,

So excited for you!!!!
I just saw on the list serve that you will be there Feb 1. WE TRAVELED ONE YEAR AGO TO GET OUR SON... Our "gotcha day" is Feb 18th. TIME FLIES.... take in EVERY MINUTE OF IT. It will be an AMAZING EXPEREIENCE!!!!!

Tracie
tnateam.blogspot.com

Nathan Cornett said...

He is beautiful. God is so, so faithful! Now all the hard work begins, you have the greatest calling and challenge ahead of you- to raise him!

Kathy Freier said...

Congratulations Autumn & Brian!! I am so very happy to hear you are making travel plans and soon will be on that very long flight to Ethiopia!! Elias is soooo sweet!! Those big brown eyes are gorgeous!! Your mom is so excited!! She emailed today and she is just thrilled to be a Grandma!!
So happy for you!
Kathy Freier