Monday, December 29, 2008

36 Hours

36 hours until it is 8am on the 31st in Addis Ababa, the day our case will be at the Ethiopian federal courts.

Please keep us in your prayers over the next week. In 36-44 hours our file will be in the hands of a judge who will decide if everything is in order for Elias to legally become a Gossett. We ask that you pray everything is in line for this to happen. We are very ready to meet Elias and have him be a permanent part of our family. We will be praying BOLDLY the next couple of days and ask all you who have journeyed along with us this past year to do the same.

We ask specifically that you take a moment and cover our family in prayer at 9pm PST on December 30th (8am on the 31st in Addis).

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

20 comments:

Renee said...

Autumn you guys will be in our prayers. Did your parents have court yet? Praying for your sweet elias and that your whole family is togeather soon.

Renee said...

We will keep your parents in our prayers as well. I checked blogs a couple times while i was away and noticed alot of people passed courts how exciting..Hoping you guys will be able to love on Noah for me when you travel.

Leann said...

Praying that you pass 1st go 'round and that you're in our travel group!! Can't wait to meet Elias!!

Matt and Emily said...

We are praying for you!!!!

Melissa said...

You got it!!!

Praying, praying, praying for you and little E.

J-momma said...

thanks for the name suggestions. i like a couple of them but it's my husband who's especially picky. good luck in a few days and i really hope you pass court the first time around. what a miracle that would be!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you every day

Troy said...

Amber and I are praying for you!

nell ann said...

Been thinkin, thinkin, thinkin of you lately and will certainly be on my knees in your name!

hugs!

Kristi J said...

I"ll be praying for you guys...I can't wait to hear...kristi

Dawn said...

praying praying praying

Paul and Angela said...

I am praying for you guys. I hope your little boy gets to come home soon. How awesome it will be when he can be yours on paper as much as he is yours in you hearts!

The B Family said...

We have enjoyed following your journey and will certainly be lifting you up in prayer this evening.

cb4swife said...

I have been and will continue to pray for you today!!!! Love...Shannon

Blog Shmog said...

I'll be praying!

Dawn said...

Praying NOW!!

Mandy said...

I am praying for you!

jody said...

Praying now for you guys!!!

Sunny said...

Hey Autumn,
I was praying for you guys a lot yesterday and even woke up at 5:30am and prayed - that's unusual for me (to wake up at that time at least), so maybe God had me pray at that time specifically. Let us know as soon as you hear. I'm praying today as well that you very quickly!
Sunny

Anonymous said...

praying for you!! thinking of you!!