Thursday, December 11, 2008

Barely Hanging On

This is how I feel. Barely hanging on. I need this to be over soon. 20 days until court. PLEASE pray we pass on the 31st!

"The Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!" Isaiah 30:18 (thank you, Nell Ann)

10 comments:

Our journey said...

I find so many nuggets of truth in Isaiah, but I didn't remember that one. God will hold you there when you feel like you are about to all. And if you do...He will catch you.

Leann said...

Autumn--

I know how you feel, honestly. It is so hard. I read your post from Tuesday, and those could totally be my words. Jealousy, self-pity -- they are ugly parts of our fallen nature, but so easy to grasp onto in this wait. I am praying for your court date and quick travel, as well as your heart while you wait. Keep hanging on. god does not give us anything we can't handle!

Laurzie said...

Oh, waiting is the HARDEST thing to do! We're praying in agreement for you and Brian.

Clark and Sarah said...

I will be praying that you will pass on the first go around. I think that a lot of other adopting families going through this like us and have some of your same feelings, so don't feel bad sharing them. You will hold your baby soon enough and what great parents you will be!

The B Family said...

We're just starting the process and can only imagine that the stage where you're at has got to be the most agonizing--from the time you see that first picture until the time you hold them in your arms. We are praying for good news on the 31st (and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter in the Brian and Autumn story!).

{shelly} said...

i'm praying autumn and can't wait to read the sweet posts when you're holding that little one in your arms!!!

Eryn said...

Praying for you to hang on Autumn...I can't imagine the difficulty waiting for your little man.

Hang in there!

Troy said...

I can't tell you I know what you're going through as we haven't experienced anything like that yet ... but we will be praying that our LORD will give you the peace over the next 18 days that only HE can give! And that HE will open the doors that only HE can open!

Dawn said...

Praying for you both Autumn. Hang in there.

Sunny said...

It's so difficult when we don't understand God's plan or why He chooses certain paths for us and not for others. I'm feeling some pain right now too. It seems as though all my girlfriends are giving birth to their babies and we still have to wait. I'm praying for you Autumn. Please know that you and Brian are in our steadfast prayers. Be encouraged my sister in Christ.