Monday, December 15, 2008

B-U-S-T

So our fundraiser was a BUST! We arrived at 7:45 and our first customer did not come around until after 11am. We then had about 6 people from 11 until 1:30pm and racked in a whopping $26 in those 6 hours. It was freezing cold for us Southern Californians (50s) and it was misting outside. What this added up to was few shoppers and even fewer who wanted to wait outside in the almost rain for their presents to be wrapped. So, after the Starbucks and breakfast burritos it took to keep us there that long we made a profit of $6.

Thanks for all of you who donated wrapping paper. Looks like I won't have to buy any this year. Thanks to both Moms and Lori for helping us out manning the booth. It's the thought that counts.
We are down to 15 days until our court hearing. Please keep us in your prayers as we feel our chances of passing the first time around are probably 50/50. Although we are still a few weeks away from a public announcement, we are still pursuing PLAN B and at this point we are financially invested. In order for PLAN B to continue to work out we need a MIRACLE! We need to pass court on the 31st and travel no later than the beginning of February. Please join us in praying for God's perfect plan to succeed as we have faith that these mountains are not beyond HIM!

10 comments:

The Gresham Clan said...

Bummer about the fundraiser. I'll be praying for you court date and Plan B!

Our journey said...

I know how excited you are about plan B and pray that it works out. Remember that if God shuts the door now, it does not mean that it will never happen. I am truly excited to see what plans He has for your life. I know you will do many wonderful things...and being mom to Elias will be one of your greatest accomplishments.

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

i'll be praying for that court date!

Dawn said...

Oh Autumn - sorry about the fundraiser. I can't wait to hear about plan B - I'm so intrigued now!!

Anonymous said...

What a cliff hanger....you really know how to keep your readers engaged. I'll be praying for this plan B and A and your court date.

Eryn said...

Can't wait to hear your big announcment...you got me hanging.

Bummer about the fundraiser. How much do you guys still need to wrap this thing up? Eryn

Nathan Cornett said...

I am praying for ya'll. This is exciting, and nerve racking, and frustrating. It is a journey right?! The funny thing about God is that he always puts the ball in our court, it is our faith that stirs God to move the mountains. Take heart. Our father gives the very best and will not hold back. I'm looking forward to his continued mercy and grace in your lives; and the lives of your children.

Sarah said...

I agree. You really know how to keep us hanging! I'm still waiting for the second installation of the Brian and Autumn saga.

In the meantime, we are lifting you two up in prayer. You WILL see your boy soon.

Hugs,
Sarah

Unknown said...

I suppose I should have paid you back for the coffee. oops! I forget which was plan B, so I'm hanging on as well! It is very exciting to be a part of this journey with you, and I can't wait to see what happens. Love ya!

Kathy Freier said...

Hi Autumn! Yes, I know your Mom through CCI Chats on Thursday nights. I am so excited for your entire family!! You and your husband, your Mom & Dad, and Emily living over in Ethiopia - what an amazing year for you all!! I will be praying for your court day - we didn't pass our first court date, so we have our 2nd on the 19th of January. All in God's timing right!
Blessings, Kathy Freier