The night we found out about our court date I went home and spent way too much time making this.

I know it is a kindergarten-esk thing to do but I needed something visual to keep this process alive since our court date seemed (well, still seems) so far away. Each paper ring has the number of days left until December 31st and a verse written on it. Each night Brian and I take off a ring and read the verse together. It hangs from our curtain rod. It started out with a big pool on the floor but now it is already a couple inches off the ground!
We are down to
DAYS!! Since there really won't be too much to blog about in the next month or so I decided I will tell the "Story of Us" so you all can know just how we got to be the almost family of three! Stay tuned...
DAYS!! Since there really won't be too much to blog about in the next month or so I decided I will tell the "Story of Us" so you all can know just how we got to be the almost family of three! Stay tuned...
12 comments:
What a great idea! I love it!
Thinking of you and praying for you during this wait. Can't wait to hear the story of you and Brian.
Blessings,
Jenn
I love the verses on each link! Praying for you. I know 30 days seems like an eternity, but hopefully as we welcome the beginning of advent it will pass quicker than you think.
Autumn-- I think this is a fabulous idea! How fun and exciting to watch your chain get smaller and smaller. You should post the verses, too. Definitely keep them for baby. Thinking of you! Thirty days is not too long...hopefully the holidays might keep everyone busy, right?
Autumn,
What a fabulous idea the chain is. Can't wait to hear the story of you and Brian. Was you little guy by any chance in any of the pictures in the slideshow that Julie emailed? So many adorable children I wanted to go and squeeze them all.
You are so creative. I never would have thought about that. You should do that to count down to traveling as well.
I love the reading the verse at night. I can't wait to hear the "story of us."
Hi! We've been following your blog for a few months now as we've been praying about and now moving forward with our Ethiopian adoption through AGCI. Excited for your upcoming court date and looking forward to reading your "story of us".
Take Care,
The Boyces
What a great idea...I am praying for you! God Bless...Shannon
That is a neat idea that I know brings you peace. I was coming by to check on you. 30 days will go by quickly (and slowly LOL) I cant wait to hear you are TRAVELING!!!!
Maria
I love paper chains! I think they are a fun visual way to count down. Hoping and praying you get through court first round. :)
Been praying for you guys. You've been missed. I'm glad you found someting positive to help pass the time...this is SO hard! Some days I wonder why I'm so anxious about a referral when the stages following (court and waiting to travel) are just as excruciating.
Hang in there!
Sarah
This is an amazing idea! I might have to steal it when it is our turn. I can't wait to hear of the story of you guys. :)
Post a Comment