Monday, December 22, 2008

5 Months Old, 3+ Months Waiting

Elias is 5 months old today. We have been waiting over 3 months since our referral call and we are 9 LONG days away from court. Here are 5 things we love about Elias:

1) How good you look in blue (every picture we have EVER seen you are wearing blue!).
2) Your saucer like eyes in every picture. We heard this was because you are scared of the camera flash.
3) Although we have yet to experience this, we hear you are a JOY and a DELIGHT and we love that about you!
4) Your curiosity. Your Dad is so excited about showing you everything and was thrilled to hear you are curious!
5) Your ability to bring so many people together in excitement and anticipation! You have us all on the edge of our seats (and minds) waiting to FINALLY meet you!!

Due to the time difference between Ethiopia and the U.S. we know our court appointment will be sometime between 9pm PST on December 30th and 7am PST on December 31st. Although this will be our first (and hopefully only) court appointment, due to the earlier paperwork mishap that lastest for a couple months we are on a similar timeline to some families who are already on their third court appointment (we are thinking of you Shannon). That's not to say we deserve to pass any more than anyone else...just to say that this has drug on far longer than we anticipated. If we pass on the 31st and if we travel before mid-February the timing will be perfect for us to continue pursuing our current understanding of God's calling for our family of 3!

There are a lot of big "what-ifs" in our lives right now and we are curious and excited to see how God directs. More than anything we are VERY READY to be united with our baby boy forever.

Please join us in praying for:
1) a successful court date the first time around (OUR GOD CAN DO IT!!!)
2) peace for Elias' birthmother who will need to appear at court
3) peace as we wait until the week of January 5th to hear the verdict
4) continued clear direction for the near future

We ask specifically that you take a moment and cover our family in prayer at 9pm PST on December 30th (8am on the 31st in Addis).

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus... God will make this happen for he who calls you is faithful."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 24

11 comments:

Meade family adoption said...

Autumn, stay stong girl. Your wait will come to an end soon. We're praying hard for you all and this upcoming court date and continued peace of mind for you and Brian.

Leann said...

Praying for you, Autumn and Brian. I know the wait is hard. But the joy at the end is undescribable and worth every minute (I say that now, and I can only imagine what it will be like when I get to hold him)! Covering you in prayer!! Hang in there.

The Gresham Clan said...

I'll be praying for you guys and Elias :)!

Matt and Emily said...

I can hardly imagine how long this wait has been for you and Brian. You have been in thoughts and prayers daily. We will get there!!!! I hope you have a blessed Christmas!!

Three2Five said...

praying for you guys!

Aubrey said...

We'll be praying for you Autumn! Elias sounds so beautiful!

Clark and Sarah said...

I will be praying!

cb4swife said...

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU!!!! Love...Shannon

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your precious son.

AprilM said...

I was looking at Kami's blog and seen your blog. I will be praying for you and your husband for a successful courtdate and may the peace of God be with you..We are in the 3rd month of adoption process awaiting our Ethiopian Princess..I was wondering if I could link with your blog???God Bless you both and your precious child that God has for you!!

Michelle Riggs said...

Praying you get great news soon!