Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tis The Season

I know it is already December 17th (YEAH!!!) but I just put up Christmas decorations last night.
I got a wonderful present in the mail but had to wait until I did my decorating before I could share pictures. Look at these stockings! Aren't they GREAT? Thank you Aunt Cindy...we love them! I know it's not the same as a fireplace but it's the best I have.Are any of you thinking (like me) that we have space for another stocking on the "L?" If you are, talk to Brian. I tried to talk him into going straight from 0-2. I gave up after about 6 months. After more recently begging him to let us start another adoption asap I finally gave up on that one too and told him I would let him decide when it's time for #2... the latest I heard was he wanted to start trying for a homemade baby about this time next year, so we might have 2 years with an empty "L." Hmmm... we'll see if I can wait that long.

Things have been really busy around here. It's good that time is flying. Unfortunately no matter what degree of busy we are, it isn't enough to distract from the fact that we miss our baby boy. Brian and I often talk about how wierd it is that we actually feel the void of our son not being with us when in fact we have never experienced his presence. It's really an odd feeling to have such a deep love for someone you have never met. Even stranger is the fact that we miss him so much but have no idea what it is like to have him around. So, I guess you will just have to trust us on this one. We miss him and love him and it actually hurts to be separated.

Congratulations to Amy, Dominique, and Andrea on your travel dates...January 10th will be here before you know it!!

Our Story Part 2 will be next...I just have to gently take apart my scrapbook and find a scanner, but it will happen.

5 comments:

Three2Five said...

very cute! We have no where to hang our stockings either. I wish we had a cute table to use! Sometimes I think it would have been easier to go from 0-2 because you don't get used to the easyness of 1. Just my 2 cents.

Bethany

christa said...

I love the stockings! And "homemade baby" made me chuckle. I think that's such an appropriate and cute way to put the whole "biological v. adopted" phrasing. Homemade/readymade....made with love either way.

cb4swife said...

Beautiful stockings! I am praying for you Autumn!!!! God Bless...Shannon

Our journey said...

I am so excited for you my friend as your court date aproaches. God's hand is at work and E will be home soon. (I am so excited I get to meet him and give him lots of love from his momma!)

Unknown said...

the stockings are adorable. Hooray for a homemade baby! No presure or anything...