I lied. Not on purpose though. I know I said Our Story Part 2 was next but it isn't. My friends just got back from Ethiopia with their babies and here is what they had to say:
From Liam's Mommy!
I saw your boy! Your son smiles EASILY and is very happy. He is so handsome and filling out. Your little man is very happy and beautiful. I got to spend about 15 minutes with Elias one day and about 15 minutes over the next few days. He is very easily entertained and very alert. He loves attention but not in a high maintenance way. Every single time I saw him he was happy as a lark. Kicking, smiling so sweetly. Entertaining himself. I told him (in a very confidential whisper :) that his Momma was coming and he gave me a huge smile. I kid you not. We had a very special time with him. He and Liam even held hands for a little while (in a very culturally appropriate way :). He seems really curious and wanting to asses every situation. All you have to do is smile at your little man and he gives one back very generously in return. Autumn he is a delight!
*I am so glad that Bethany said Liam and Elias are friends because we decided a long time ago that they were going to be BFFs... I guess if they are meant to be BFFs they should probably like each other.
From Sitina's Mommy!
Autumn--your little guy has his photo album in his crib. So adorable. He is perfect by the way. Well loved and exceptionally taken care of. :) He is a great kiddo. I held him a few times and played with him and put him down for a nap. He weighs less than Sitina who is 16 lbs and 9 oz. But not much less. He is round (great belly) and serious and very healthy looking with a smile when he gets attention. He is just a fab little guy. He is a joy Autumn :)
I am so blessed to have friends who made an effort to spend time with Elias and report back. Brian and I were so thrilled to hear that he is happy and healthy! With the exception of legally being his parents, healthy and happy is all we can hope for! It was also fun to hear about his forming personality. Serious, but smiles easily with the slightest bit of attention. Sounds like a good combo of Mom and Dad. We always gets a kick out of hearing about how "round" he is. Brian has a round face and so we always expected our children to be round; it is so funny that Elias fits that expectation.
7 comments:
OK I excited to hear part two of the Brian and Autumn story but i'm even happier that you got news about your sweet elias. I'm sure it would have been even better if pictures were still allowed but hopefully hearing that he is healthy and happy will help you hold on. Maybe when your travel time comes i'll have a referral and you can come home with stories of my little one. Praying for peace and patience for you this holiday season. And that you and your parents pass thru courts on the next try.
How great to get news on your little guy. I've been so busy that I didn't have the chance to send his pic to anyone in the travel group. And now he's in isolation so no one going after Christmas will be able to see him! Hope you're hanging in....
Awww - so happy you got news on Elias! You needed that. :)
Can't wait for you guys to bring Elias home for all of us to see! Great update!
So glad the girls gave you some news of E. I can not wait to meet him too.
I can not wait to meet him and finally see his beautiful smile!!
What happy news! It made me cry. We need things like that to tide us over...
Sarah
Post a Comment